Art-O-Mation Design Contest
Calling all creatives! Be a part of MISUMI USA’s booth at the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) 2018 this September in Chicago, Illinois! We challenge you to design a piece of automated art to display at our Booth 134757 using MISUMI components. You design it, and we will build it at no cost to you… and give you a VIP ticket to IMTS to see it in person. Imagine a Rube Goldberg Machine-inspired, elegant, and eye-catching piece of automated, moving art. If you can design it, we can create it!
Design an art piece using MISUMI components that are both elegant and creatively engineered to fit the theme of “Art-O-Mation” or automated art in motion. The design should be in a 3D-graphic file and should use at least 90% MISUMI components.
TIP: CAD files for MISUMI’s components are available on MISUMI USA’s website with a (free!) registered account.
All submissions should include the following:
- Powered by an electric motor with no need for manual/hand-cranked power or pneumatics.
- 90% MISUMI components (or more)
- Build envelope dimensions for the 3D model must be 5ft (1.5m) (L) x 1ft (0.3m) (W) x 2ft (0.6m) (H)
- CAD file must be .stp or .step, BOM should be a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file (.xls or .xlsx)
- The total cost for all parts on the BOM cannot exceed $6,000 (six thousand USD)
- In addition, contestants may use up to eight (8) MISUMI LX Actuators (Part number: LX2605C-MX-B1-T2642-350) in the design for free in the BOM
- All designs are due by midnight Central Time on Friday, June 8, 2018
- Designs must be original work
- Only 1 entry per person
- Email Submission: email@example.com
- A brief description of your design
- Subject Line: Art-O-Mation Submission
- By submitting your design, you agree and will follow the full terms and requirements here.
The winner will receive:
- 1 VIP pass to IMTS to see the design at MISUMI USA’s booth!
- 1 Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones
- 1 Samsung Gear Virtual Reality w/Controller.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org